About the Museum
Following the restoration of the palace, since 2010 Ca 'Giustinian has been hosting all the organizing offices of the Venice Biennale. Overlooking the San Marco Basin, Ca 'Giustinian is an historical palace among the most representative of the Venetian late Gothic style. The palace, originally called "dei Giustinian", was built around 1471 and is the result of the union of two different buildings: Giustinian and Badoer-Tiepolo. It has been the subject of important renovations between 2008 and 2009.
The interiors of the palace are accessible on request and are characterized by essential lines and neutral colors combined with decorative shapes and colors typical of contemporary design. The rooms have been completed with selected artistic works of Art, placed in order to enhance the relationship between Art and space. Light is the other characterizing element of the location.
(Photo: Giulio Squillacciotti)