About the Museum
The palace of the Ca’ Rezzonico was built in 1649 for one of Venice’s grandest families. In 1936 it was converted into a museum to house perhaps one of the finest collections of 18th-century fine and decorative art in the world. Comprising furniture, painting and decorative objects the interiors evoke the splendour and decadence of the period, complemented by a number of works by Tintoretto and Francesco Guardi as well as frescoes by Giambattista Tiepolo. The museum also holds a collection of Flemish tapestries, Italian sculpture and porcelain.