About the Museum
Originally established in 1901 as the Madison Art Association, the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art is the city’s old cultural organisation. After a distinguished history exhibiting in borrowed and refurbished spaces, the museum opened its permanent home to the public in 2006, in a building designed by world-renowned architect Cesar Pelli. Its collection of over 5,000 objects includes contemporary art from across the globe and works by some of the most significant American artists of the 20th and 21st centuries. Visitor amenities include a 7,100-sq-foot rooftop sculpture garden, a 230-seat lecture hall, a new media gallery and a study centre for drawings, prints, and photographs.
(Photo: Nicholas Sadowski)