About the Museum
Previously used as a seminary and then as a student dormitory, the Rupertinum officially became the Salzburg Museum of Modern Art and Graphic Collection in 1983. It forms one of two sites that comprises the Museum der Moderne and is dedicated primarily, but not exclusively, to displaying exhibitions of graphic work and photographs from the collection and in temporary exhibitions. The collection of photography is among the country's most significant, particulary for contemporary Austrian work. Artists exhibited at the museum include Robert Frank, Leo Kandl and Anja Manfredi. The building was completed in 1633 and sits at the heart of the old town. Over time, a series of changes have been made to the building, with the most extensive refurbishment taking place in 1999.
(Photo: Marc Haader, © Museum der Moderne Salzburg, Rupertinum)