About the Museum
The Toledo Museum of Art is an internationally known art museum located in the Old West End neighborhood of Toledo, Ohio, United States. It houses a collection of more than 30,000 objects.
The museum was founded by Toledo glassmaker Edward Drummond Libbey in 1901, and moved to its current location, a Greek revival building designed by Edward B. Green and Harry W. Wachter, in 1912. The main building was expanded twice, in the 1920s and 1930s. Other buildings were added in the 1990s and 2006.
The museum holds major collections of glass art and of 19th- and 20th-century European and American art, as well as small but distinguished collections of Renaissance, Greek, Roman and Japanese art.
(Photo: Wikimedia Commons; Photo by and © 2004 Dustin M. Ramsey)