About the Museum
The Fogg Museum, founded in 1895, was the first purpose-built structure for the specialised training of art scholars, conservators and museum professionals in the US. Today it holds a magnificent collection of Western paintings, sculpture, decorative arts, photographs, prints and drawings dating from the Middle Ages to the present. First housed in a modest Beaux-Arts building in Harvard Yard, in 1927 the museum moved to 32 Quincy Street. Major renovations to this structure by the Renzo Piano Building Workshop were unveiled in 2014, which provided 40 percent more gallery space, an expanded Art Study Center, conservation labs and classrooms. The new facility united all three Harvard Art Museums, including the Arthur M. Sackler Museum and the Busch-Reisinger Museum, under one roof for the first time. Renowned for the quality of their collections, groundbreaking exhibitions and the original research of their staff, the museums have been the forefront of art history for over a century.